SATURDAY, 9 JULY 2016
A few reasons why religion attracts so many people:
1. “Ultimate Reality” – “This is the real truth. The rest is either a lie, or just parts of the truth.”
2. Membership – “You’re not alone anymore.”
3. Identity – “I finally know who I really am and how I fit into the Greater Scheme of Things.”
4. Community – “We’re all brothers and sisters in spirit.”
5. The promise of, and potential for, self-improvement
Any one of these reasons is good enough to attract people to a group or an organisation or a movement. Combine all the above and more, and you have yourself a powerful people magnet.